Wow, it has been along time since I posted. I wish that meant I was incredibly busy, but that excuse will have to wait until next month and Christmas, my problem this month is the lack of "fun" events. We have been doing the usual daily events: dance, school, dance, activity days, dance, homework, dance....did I mention we are at dance a lot. Katie loves it! This month she is selling Panera coupons for a dance fundraiser. We normally don't participate in fundraisers because they are really stupid, but Panera is a place that many people love. And unlike other fundraisers that just go towards the general dance account (or school PTO, orchestra etc.) the money she makes from the coupons goes directly into the Katie account. That's right-it is money I won't have to pay for competitions fees, dance shoes or costumes. So I allowed her to sell Panera coupons.
I had an experience with Carter this past week that brought some guilt. As we were walking to the bus stop he asked my how to skip-my six year old didn't know how to skip. I know Katie and Sara were younger and just seemed to pick it up on there own, and I never really notice or thought about Carter not skipping. My guilt was relieved greatly though when he picked it up on the way to the bus stop. Thankfully he was a fast learner and has now mastered that step. Camille on the other hand is still working on it. But she is only three-so no guilt. The world is good again.
We are looking forward to the holidays and our Disney trip.
1 comment:
I'm glad to hear that someone else hates fundraisers as much as I do! Although I would buy Panera coupons in a heartbeat if there were any such thing around here. Yay for Carter's skipping!
Post a Comment